Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Medium Black Kitty!

So, I really want to heal too. I mean, I've got two ranged, DPS, caster classes up at the level cap with my mage and my lock, so I need to try something different. I just have found that I love grouping, but am not such a fan of doing dailies... well, daily. Now I'm leveling a new character, and while my original plan had been to level my hunter next, I feel that it's too similar to the role I'm already playing in groups that I wanted to find something new and different to bring to the party... or raid, as the case might be.

I'm leveling a druid. I've dinged 25, and am bars away from 26, and I plan on going resto endgame because I really want to be a tree. It seems like the cliche acting exercise, so how could I not want to actually be a tree? Of course, as my guild has pointed out many times, who in their right mind would actually level resto?

I'm sure some people would, but wouldn't you be sad about how horrible it is and how you can't seem to do anything all the time? Therefore, I'm taking the feral approach as espoused in BBB's guide: (here). Thanks Big Bear Butt. Now of course, he says Feral FTW... all the way. But of course, I want to heal. So I'm going to claw and stealth my way up to the high levels and then respec at the end.

Of course, gathering gear as I go along is important, and I'm enjoying collecting two sets so that I CAN actually heal in a group when I have that opportunity.

Since I do like PUGing, (for the most part), I think the druid is a good choice, because it allows me to fill any role they need. Ranged caster, healer, melee DPS or tank. I've been elated at the flexibility and can't wait to continue to progress. So, there may be a few more updates on how rahranan is doing in her progression towards the end of levels. Now if I can just ding her at 70 before WLK hits, we'll be all good.

No comments: