Friday, May 9, 2008

Wrath of the information sharing

Evidently, Gamespy, (which I only remember from back in my days of CS), got the serious dish on WLK before most other sites. Alpha testing seems to be fun and exciting, and thanks to firewalls, I'm not reading any of their coverage. EXCEPT, thanks WoWinsider for not being part of my jobs firewall settings. Boo, Panda Gate Defender. In any event, here's a few tidbits that I've pulled off of their various articles and my thoughts on these:

"Flying Mounts are gone until level 77, at which point you will either complete a quest or a visit a trainer to be able to use them again. You will still not be able to use the mounts in the old world, so even though Naxxramas is on Azeroth, your flying mount will not be able to cross back over the sea to visit the old stomping grounds. The Old World was designed using too many graphical shortcuts in places people were not meant to access to allow flying mounts."

Interesting! Now, my question is... "Will you need epic flying before you can upgrade at 77?" Because I sure don't have epic flying skill on either of my toons at 70. If so... I better get grinding that money.

"The 5-man news really was expected, but the raid info is much more exciting:
*All raid dungeons will have both 10-man and 25-man versions
*The 10 and 25-man progressions will not depend on each other
*There will be no attunements or keys necessary for any raid
*The 25-man loot will be a tier higher than the 10-man loot
*The 10 and 25-man versions of the same raid will be on different timers so that each can be attempted on the same day by the same people"

Now this is crazy! No attunements, all raids can be played as 10-man. I think what this could do is really allow more access to raid content then has previously happened. I know that I've never really entered the raiding scene, mainly because of the attunements initially, but also the size of our guild. I couldn't see us ever getting up to 25 man, and so, we really didn't push hard to get to 10-man content either. But, with all raids being accessable, it might be interesting to push through into this raid content in the expansion.

"There are "vehicle" quests, where players drive a vehicle (planes, trucks, or even dragons) around to accomplish tasks"

Oooh, that sounds interesting. I always enjoyed the pilot the fel reaver quest in shadowmoon, so, this could be great! Also, the flying planes that battle each other and such... that sounds really neat!

Of course, there's a lot more info now about the death knight and how that will actually work. I'm definitely digging the NO quest to unlock. Seems like the only requirement is that you already have a level 55 or greater character. (check!) So... looks like even fewer people might not roll a DK.

So... are you excited about Wrath?!?! You bet I am. Let's get that beta going!

No comments: